THE PATH TO LOVE


"If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging symbol. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith than can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing." I Corinthians 13
Such is the power of love. Without a doubt, love helps us to heal. We can never really measure or feel the full effect of our love upon another. In fact, we can only imagine what the effect might look like and that imagining turns into a story. Therefore, we can only have a story. And, here's the beauty, our story is most likely not their story. You get the full impact of that? Because if you do, then no love relationship can ever be absent of intrigue and mystery. 
No one can ever know the way in which love seeps into our minds and hearts to reorder our thoughts and fight off waves of self-pity or depression. But love opens wide the portal of grace. Like the power of prayer, love can build walls against despair and give us the courage to survive the greatest challenge. 
Healing does not require that we deeply or intimately love another person. Acts of respect are also powerful conduits for healing. The more we incorporate small but thoughtful social habits we increase civility. 
Love is a form of grace. it gives us the stamina to endure what would normally be unendurable. Love transforms every action into a powerful instrument of change. Love is also forgiveness. When you really love someone, you want to release them from any type of harm. Judgments are harmful. In the moment you give it, you've got it. 
It's impossible for me to say all there is to say about love. For one, because love is so incredibly HUGE. And two, I'm still learning the depth and width of it myself. But, what I can say, without no doubt, is that there comes a point with love that you must walk the path to the other side. Yeah, you read me right, there is the other side to love. And it's better than the side you are leaving. Cross the bridge and see for yourself. 
Here's two things to put on your TO DO list today: (you see me, Type B, trying to assign tasks?!)
1. Love yourself by putting you in the company of those who see your undeniable beauty
2. Gift yourself with the incredible gift of serving someone.It'll rock your world!

Happy Wednesday, friends!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two chicks are better than one!