THANKSGIVING BREAK ACCOMPLISHMENTS

Unmasked Human
Things I accomplished over Thanksgiving break:
1. Worked through resentment towards one human being
2. Ate whatever I wanted to without trash talking myself
3. Put my calendar away and lived moment by moment
4. Spent time only with those I wanted to and not those I felt obligated to
5. Prepared most of our meals and ate them slowly in the company of my family
6. Listened more than I talked
7. Stole as many glances of Nancy that I could
8. Turned my alarm off and slept in
9. Caught up on some luxurious reading
10. Took my dogs on a long hike every day
11. Spent more time outside than inside
12. Outgrew some of my fears
13. Saw a scorpion and didn't scream-cry
14. Cried unabashedly with a group of my women friends
15. Watched my kids grow a little bit more
16. Drove around town slower than I usually do
17. Avoided laundry
18. Chilled like nobody's business
19. Won every game of Rummikub I played
20. Got rid of four bags of stuff
It's December 1st, the fog in my soul continues to lift. I've seen the sun more over this break than in times past. I slowed down more than I ever have and I was rewarded emotionally for it. My ego didn't show itself obnoxiously. I kept my side of the street clean and didn't worry about what others were thinking of me. I can't tell you how good that feels because I can be OCD when it comes to what others think of me. I've been living out of fear and surviving for so long, it feels really amazing to live from a place of peace. Whether you believe me or not, you can survive peace. Everything doesn't have to be about you and everything doesn't have to be dramatic. 
If any of you are interested in finding the peace I've found, it can be yours for three easy payments of $99. Yes, I do Venmo.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FALLING IN LOVE, THE PHYSICS